Los Angeles Fire/EMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Los Angeles Fire/EMS

Fire Fighter and Paramedic EMS role play game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patrol Center

Go down 
+3
T. Matthews
S. Booth
Dispatcher
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

Patrol Center - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:51 am

"10-4 EMS1 Responding Code 3 to HQ."
*I place my radio onto my belt and hustle over to my ambulance, grabbing the keys on the way to the ambulance. I open and quickly shut the door, buckle my seatbelt, start the engine and flick on the Emergency Lights as the Door opens and I slowly pull out into traffic and turn on the siren alternating sirens at intersections
--5-10 minutes later--
*I flick the siren off and slow down to just 5 above the speed limit before making a right and stops right in front of HQ.
*I put the ambulance into park, then high idle before getting out. I walk around to the back of the ambulance and opens the back door and reach inside grabbing the 'blue bag' and hustle over to where the man is with a a few bottles of water.
"EMS1 on scene."
*I spot a small crowd and go over to the
'Los Angeles Fire Department Move out of the way!' I shout a fcew times until they comply. I kneel down to the patient. I use my little flashlight to check pupil dialation, which is normal, I check that on my clipboard and check his BP which is a little low, I write the down, then finally his pulse, which is low, which I then mark on the keyboard.
*I pour about a quartger of the bottle into the patient's mouth and pause making sure he swallows, and I repeat a few times.
(gona wait for hannahan)
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:08 am

*I switch my siren to phaser then turn it off as I pull up to the building.*
"Division 1 on scene. Can you start the closest RA here."
*I get out and go to the back of my truck getting my jump bag as I see Blanc messing with the man. I go over to Blanc and kneel down.*
'Ok, what have we got here? You check BP yet?'
*I ask as I get my blood glucose meter out of the bag.*
(What are you putting in his mouth. If he's unconscious, nothing should go in there.)
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 am

((Ill edit the post, Im new to this. I have no EMT experience, so Im learning on the go.))
'Yessir, Its lower than what it should be.'
Back to top Go down
T.Wood

T.Wood

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm

* I do a quick walk around of the truck to make sure all of the compartments are secure, then get in the officers seat*
' We are all set, start for the fuel station so we can top off '
" Rescue 1 to Dispatch, we will be in service to the fuel station for fuel"

(How was that?)
Back to top Go down
Dispatcher
Admin
Dispatcher

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

"Hannahan EMT-Blanc will be doing transport, and 10-4 Rescue 1"

(That's fine, nice job)
Back to top Go down
https://lafd.forumotion.com
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:50 pm

(I just gotta take my EMT-B test so I'm done with EMT class so if you need any help, let me know. And Wood, that's fine.)
'Ok, i'll check it again then just so I can hear it too. Here.'
*I hand Blanc the blood glucose pouch.*
'Take his blood sugar for me.'
(Take the needle out of the small bottle, prick the man's finger, wipe it with gauze and put the remaining blood on the finger on the little tab and insert it into the blood glucose reader)
*I put the BP cuff on the man and I put on my stethoscope. I look up and see some people looking at me. I look back down focusing on the patient and squeeze the handle to take BP. I finish and let the air out of the BP cuff and record it.*
'Ok, Blood Pressure, 96/58. Yeah, that's way too low.'
* I place my pointer and index finger on his carotid artery to check his pulse...*
'Pulse 64.'
"Dispatch, can I get an ETA on the RA?"
*I then check his lung sounds which sound normal then go on to check his respirations. I go to the patients head and look straight down his body looking for chest rise and fall for 15 seconds.*
'Respirations are 32. That's too fast. Hey Blanc, can you hand me the BVM out of my jump bag. Should be next to my peds stethoscope.'
Back to top Go down
T. Matthews

T. Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 pm

(Ugh, we need more people to do stuff)
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 pm

*I take the needle out of the bottle and prick the man's finger. I then wipe it with gauze, and put the remaining blood on the finger onto a tab and insert it into a blood glucose reader. THen I search hannahan's bag and eventually find his bvm and hand it to him
'Here ya go'
((im interested in emt stuff but dont know where to learn about it.))
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 pm

(I'll walk you through it buddy. A normal blood glucose level would be between 70 and 150.)
'Thanks.'
*I get the bvm on the man's face and get a tight seal on his face, tilt his head back and squeeze the bag over and over again 10-12 times a minute.*
(Blanc, are you and EMS supervisor or an ambulance operator.)
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 pm

((Im a bambalance))
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 pm

(Ok, you have a pretend partner also named eric O.o until told otherwise.)
'Alright, you and your partner, get the stretcher and the backboard. Lets get him up and go code.'
*I keep squeezing the bag and check to see if he has a pulse. He does and I keep bagging.*
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 am

(Yay!)
*Me and eric jog back to the ambulance and put the backboard on the stretcher and wheel it back to the patient and lower it, setting the backboard beside it.
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 am

'Ok, I'll lean him to the side and you put the backboard under his back.'
"Division 1 to dispatch, we're preparing to transport."
'1...2...3.'
*I lean him to the side and wait for the backboard to pushed under his back.*
(Oh Blanc, if you have any questions about the EMT stuff, you could also look at google and definitely youtube.)
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 am

*I quickly slide the board under his back.
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:26 am

'Alright good. Hey, bag him for me.'
*I give the BVM to Blancs partner and make sure the man is securely on the backboard so we could strap him up. I get the straps and flake it dow to his feet. I then unravel the velcro and let it part both ways.*
(Take the straps and just slide it through the holes. MAKE SURE THE STRAPS AREN'T ON JOINT LIKE THE KNEES.)
'Antoine, take the other side.'
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 pm

*I take the straps and slide it through the holes.
'There ya go.'
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:17 pm

*I let go of C-spine as I put the patients head in the headbed and strap it down.*
'Ok, on the count of three, we litf him and put him on the stretcher.'
(Make sure you buckle the patient on the stretcher even though he's on a backboard. Just because he's on one doesn't mean he can't fall off the stretcher. Also, tell dispatch your responding code 3 to the hospital....also called going "code". You drive and let Eric do crap since I may need to help you more. Any questions?)
*I go to the head of the backboard as Eric holds the stretcher in place and I get my hands in the loops as I get ready to lift.*
Back to top Go down
A. Blanc

A. Blanc

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm

'1, 2, 3!'
*I quickly lift the backbard, with the help of hannahan set the board onto the stretcher. I then Secure the man to the stretcher and lift it up and begin wheeling it to the ambulance. I open the doors for eric as he loads the stretcher into the ambulance. I enter the back and secure the stretcher then, exit and enter into the driver's seat and take the ambulance out of high idle and into drive as Eric continues working on the patient. I pull out of traffic. I quickly switch the siren on and pick up speed driving towards the hospital.
"EMS1 Enroute Code 3 to the hospital"
*after 5-10 minutes I pull into the hospital unload the patient andhand him over to hospital staff and return to the station.
"EMS1 returning to station 1"
Back to top Go down
John Hannahan

John Hannahan

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:14 pm

'Huh, that was easy.'
*I grab my BVM mask and put it in the garbage and put the BVM and blood glucose meter back where they belong in the bag. I then zip the bag up, pick it up and place it back in the my trunk.*
"Division 1 to dispatch, I'm 10-51 to station. Show me available."
*I get into my truck and start filling out a report for the call. I take my truck out of park, turn off my lights, and start my drive back.*
Back to top Go down
Dispatcher
Admin
Dispatcher

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:22 pm

"10-4 division 1 is available"
Back to top Go down
A. Botfish
Admin
A. Botfish

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm

(I'm back!)
Back to top Go down
http://ertrpg.canadian-forum.com/
A. Botfish
Admin
A. Botfish

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 am

*I see a kid fall down on rollerblades*
'Are you ok?'
kid: Yeah i'm fine
'Ok be safe'
*I continue driving*
Back to top Go down
Dispatcher
Admin
Dispatcher

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:56 pm

"Operations to any available unit, possible drug overdose LAPD on scene, west 1st ave. at Cressler st. If we can get a unit or 2 or 3 to head over"
Back to top Go down
A. Botfish
Admin
A. Botfish

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:15 pm

"10-4 heading to Cressler street code 3"
*I turn on my lights and siren and herad voer to cressler street and shut off the siren*
"Chief to dispatch, i'm onscene and taking command. Requesting BLS for transport to hospital"
*I cget out my med kit and wait for someone to help me*
Back to top Go down
Dispatcher
Admin
Dispatcher

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:19 pm

"10-4 EMS-1 the Chief is requesting your assistance for transport cressler st. at west 1st ave. code 3"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrol Center   Patrol Center - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrol Center
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next